Focus on 5G, AI, Autonomous Vehicles, Big Data, Cloud, IoT and LiDAR in various user industries, including digital cities, construction & engineering, defence & security, global development agenda, telecommunications, and business intelligence.
The Twelfth edition of the Geospatial World Forum will bring together geospatial professionals and leaders representing the entire eco-system of public policies, national mapping agencies, private sector enterprises, multilateral and development organizations, scientific and academic institutions, and above all, large end users from government, businesses and citizen services from April 7-9, 2020 at the Taets Art and Event Park, Amsterdam.
“This year’s conference is particularly interesting,” said Anamika Das, Vice President, Geospatial Media and Communications. “The conference will be focusing on the 5G megatrend which will completely revolutionize not only the way we live, it will change how the world works. 5G brings with it a new age of interconnectedness. With 5G as the backbone, new trends in geospatial technologies such as advancements in data analytics; miniaturization of sensors; NewSpace revolution; maps for machines; and automation will impact multiple sectors and foster path-breaking innovation.”
Geospatial industry is uniquely placed in the entire digital transformation ecosystem. It is already established that location offers the much needed fourth pillar (along with AI, IoT and Big Data) to the Fourth Industrial Revolution, enabling disruptive innovations and driving smart solutions. The conference through its sessions shall highlight the value of geospatial technology in digital economy and its integration with emerging technologies such as 5G, AI, Autonomous Vehicles, Big Data, Cloud, IoT and LiDAR in various user industries, including digital cities, construction & engineering, defence & security, global development agenda, telecommunications, and business intelligence.
GWF 2020 will be hosting 6 key user programs, namely:
- 5G+Geospatial for Digital Cities
- Construction & Engineering
- Location Analytics & Business Intelligence, and
- Defense, Internal Security & Public Safety
The full program schedule is available here.
This year’s guest speakers will be Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Global Spiritual and Humanitarian Leader & Founder, The Art of Living Foundation; and Rishad Tobaccowala, Chief Growth Officer, Publicis Groupe & Author of Restoring the Soul of Business: Staying Human in the Age of Data.
The impressive lineup of speakers also includes C-level executives from the industry, government agencies, end-user organizations and research institutions. Some of the eminent personalities are:
- Frank Tierolff, Chair of the Dutch Kadaster Board
- Steve Berglund, Executive Chairman of Trimble
- Stefan Schweinfest, Director of United Nations Statistics Division
- Keith Clarke CBE, Executive Chairman of Tidal Lagoon Swansea Bay
- Gary Brantley, Commissioner & CIO, City of Atlanta
- Jeanne Holm, Deputy CIO and Senior Technology Advisor to the Mayor, City of Los Angeles
- Dr Colin Birchenall, Chief Digital Officer, Glasgow City Council
- Laura Borsato, Undersecretary of Digital Country Development, Ministry of Modernization National Government, Argentina
- Gong Ke, President-designate, World Federation of Engineering Organizations
- Amy Coughenour Betancourt, CEO, CADASTA Foundation
- Jagdeesh Rao, CEO, Foundation for Ecological Security
- Bjoern Bremer, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy
- Sanjay Shrivastava, Vice President, GIS & NE, Reliance Jio Infocomm; and a myriad of other big names from across the industry.
The full speakers list is available here.
The conference will also showcase the latest advancements in the geospatial industry, visitors will witness a plethora of cutting-edge technologies, newest products and solutions at the exhibition area.
Additional Information Available on the Web or Download the Conference Brochure
This is a press release. GetIgnite does not endorse and is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company. GetIgnite is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in the press release.